Cosmo girls have more fun.

Lately, writing blog posts has almost become a chore. Ideas, I have a lot of them in my head but that huge lazy feeling I menti...


Lately, writing blog posts has almost become a chore. Ideas, I have a lot of them in my head but that huge lazy feeling I mentioned in the previous article is not leaving me for some time. But last Tuesday, I finally went out of my castle - It happens so rarely that it even rained that night. And I came back with the most girly thing ever, the Cosmopolitan magazine. Why am I talking about it? 1) Because magazines are awesome. I must admit I am the type of person who collects magazines because the covers are too good. When I was in France, it was a must to buy a monthly magazine, the only thing I was reading monthly actually. 2) Because it is the first time Cosmo has issued their magazine in Sri Lanka! 3) Because Adam Caldera - Too much love for this man. Ugh. It’s on these beautiful words that I'll start my little review on this beautiful and cute women's magazine. *fangirl mode on*


So I might be the only one who has this habit of reading magazines in four stages. First, I only look at the pictures from the beginning to the end. Then I read the astro page - as if my future depended on it. Followed by the editorial page. And I finally read the articles one by one. It is an art of reading a magazine as you can see.

I have not much to say about the aesthetics of this issue, since the features of the Cosmopolitan brand have been well preserved. But I must say that I spent a good time admiring the photos and advertising pages as well. - ah, Adam.


Let's talk about the editorial. I love this page because I think the rest of the magazine depends on the impressions of the chief editor. On this one, I find that the editor in chief, Trevina Abeyesundere, has managed very well to give us a taste of what the magazine holds. It's on a fun and friendly tone that she explains the different matters discussed on this launch issue. It almost sounds like it’s a friend who created a magazine and shared it with us in order to chat with us girls. #toomuchcutenesstohandle


I will end up talking about the pages that I liked the most.


• The 'Confessions' of the Cosmo team’s friends made me laugh. Moreover, it happened to me more than once to lie when someone asked me the road.
• The page of the interview with ‘Cosmo Boy’. Ah, I have no complaints except .. Adam, I’m also scared of clowns, let's be friends? ANYWAYS.
• Oh, off topic, but the ice cream clutch from Royal & Regal caught my eye.
• What I also like about the magazine is the use of emojis. I use emojis constantly, it is highly necessary and seeing them several times through the magazine made me smile. – there is even the panda emoji!
• The article on how to become a pro at having great convos comes in handy as I am a person who is struggling to start/continue a conversation, these small advices will indeed be useful to break the ice.
• I just realized that I have not talked at all about the Kardashian interview because I did not find it as interesting as the other topics covered in this magazine.
• This page certainly comes from the American issue, but I had fun pronouncing the wine names with an awkward accent. Oh well, I would not mind a glass of ro-ZAY.


I must confess that I have written this post quite late as the April issue is already available - and Jacqueline Fernandez is the cover girl, oh my god. By the way, you can get it around Colombo. (Keells outlets, Buddhi Batiks, Odel, Chapters, Kelly Felder – wink wink to the cashier guy of Kelly Felder on Galle Road who kindly gave me a huge bag just for the magazine - Lakehouse, Makeens, Vijitha Yapa, Sarasavi, Expographic, Cool Planet) or you can go directly to the Distribution Centre at 22 Flower Terrace in Colombo 7. You can also sign up for an annual subscription to receive the magazine directly at home! (a short form is available inside the magazine.)


ANYWAYS. Enough of fangirling for today. Besos!


En ce moment, écrire sur le blog est devenu presque une corvée. Des idées, j’en ai pleins la tête mais l’énorme flemme dont je vous parlais dans l’article précédent ne me quitte pas depuis un certain temps. Mais mardi dernier, je suis enfin sortie de mon château. – ça arrive tellement rarement qu’il a plu le soir même. Et je suis rentrée avec la chose la plus girly qui soit, le magazine Cosmopolitan. Pourquoi je vous en parle ? 1) Parce que les magazines, c’est trop bien. Je dois avouer que je suis le type de personnes qui collectionne les magazines parce que les couvertures sont trop belles. Quand j’étais en France, j’avais besoin d’acheter un magazine tous les mois, ma seule lecture du mois en fait. 2) parce que ce Cosmo est la toute première édition faite au Sri Lanka! 3) Parce que, Adam Caldera. – trop d’amour pour cet homme. Ugh. C’est sur ces jolies paroles que je vais donc commencer ma petite revue sur ce magazine féminin, tout beau et tout mignon. *fangirl mode on*

Alors, je ne sais pas vous mais j’ai cette manie de lire les magazines en quatre temps. D’abord, je ne fais que regarder les images du début à la fin. Puis, je lis l’horoscope – comme si mon avenir en dépendait. Ensuite, je lis l’édito. Et je finis par lire les articles un par un. C’est tout un art de lire un magazine comme vous pouvez le constater. 


Je n’ai pas grand-chose à dire au sujet de l’esthétique de ce numéro, étant donné que les traits de l’enseigne Cosmopolitan ont été bien conservés. Mais je dois dire que j’ai passé un bon moment à admirer les photos et les pages publicitaires aussi. – ah, Adam. 


Parlons plutôt de l’édito. J’adore cette page car je trouve que tout le reste du magazine dépend des impressions de l’éditeur en chef. Sur celui-ci, je trouve que l’éditrice en chef, Trevina Abeyesundere, a bien su nous donner un avant-goût sur ce que le magazine nous réserve. C’est sur un ton fun et même amical qu’elle nous explique les différents sujets traités. On a presque l’impression que c’est une copine qui s’est amusée à créer un magazine et qui nous le fait partager dans le but de pouvoir papoter entre filles. #tropdemignonnerie


Je vais finir par les articles que j’ai aimés le plus dedans. 


• La page ‘Confessions’ des différents amis de la Cosmo team qui m’a bien fait rire. D’ailleurs, il m’est aussi arrivé plus d’une fois de mentir quand quelqu’un me demande la route.
• Ensuite, il y a la page de l’interview du Cosmo Boy. Ah, je n’ai rien à redire si ce n’est.. Adam, j’ai aussi la trouille des clowns, soyons copains ? BREF.
• Oh, hors sujet, mais la besace en forme de glace de chez Royal & Regal m’a bien fait de l’œil.
• Ce que j’aime aussi dans le magazine, c’est les émojis. J’utilise les émojis sans arrêt, c’est presque vital et les voir à différentes reprises m’a fait sourire. – y’a même le panda émoji !
• L’article sur comment avoir une conversation intéressante tombe plutôt à pic car étant une personne qui a beaucoup de mal à entamer/continuer une conversation, ces petits coup de pouces vont en effet me servir à briser la glace.
• Je viens de me rendre compte que je n’ai pas du tout parlé de l’interview des Kardashian parce que je ne l’ai pas trouvé aussi intéressant que les autres sujets abordés dans ce magazine.
• Cette page vient certainement de l’édition américaine, mais je me suis bien amusée à prononcer les noms de vins avec un accent bizarre. Je prendrais bien un verre de ro-ZAY, tiens. 


Je dois avouer que j’ai écrit cet article assez tard étant donné que celui du mois d’Avril est déjà disponible – et Jacqueline Fernandez fait la couverture, oh mon dieu. D’ailleurs, vous pouvez vous le procurer un peu partout dans Colombo. (Keells outlets, Buddhi Batiks, Odel, Chapters, Kelly Felder - petit clin d’œil au vendeur du Kelly Felder sur Galle Road qui m’a gentiment donné un sac immense juste pour le magazine - Lakehouse, Makeens, Vijitha Yapa, Sarasavi, Expographic , Cool Planet) ou directement dans les bureaux de publication au 22 Flower Terrace dans Colombo 7. Vous pouvez aussi vous inscrire à un abonnement annuel pour recevoir le magazine directement à la maison ! (un petit formulaire est disponible à l’intérieur.) 


BREF. J’arrête de faire ma groupie. Besos !

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You have an amazing blog! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images